Note: This plugin is discontinued due to the fact that digg buttons no longer exist, since Summer of 2012.
diggZ-Et is a digg WordPress plugin that automatically displays a “digg” button for each post/page. I know some of you are thinking, “Oh great another Digg It plugin?”. Well yes, it’s another Digg It plugin, but it’s not the same old Digg plugin. This plugin was created primarily for one reason, that every other Digg WordPress plugin out there did not contain admin settings. Well guess what, this plugin does have admin settings! Enjoy the plugin, more plugins to come in the future.
All I ask is that you credit this plugin (i.e. include a link to this page or maybe add a link to your WordPress Blogroll).
With that said, I would love to hear what people think. Any suggestions or comments you have, I’d love to hear them.
- Hide Buttons from Home Page – (I made this because all the other Digg It plugins would slow down my home page and they really are only needed on the post’s page.)
- Hide Buttons on Individual Posts
- Hide Buttons on Pages
- Hide Buttons on Tag Pages
- Hide Buttons on Archives (This is all Category, Author and Date Based Pages)
- Hide Buttons on Search Results Page
- Button Position – Display on Top Left or Right or Bottom below text, on left or right
- Set Background Color – In Hex Format (EG. #FFFFFF)
- Set Skin Type – Choose from the Default, Compact and Icon Skins.
- Browser Window Setting – Choose if you want the digg link to load in same window or a new window.
- Summary – Choose between Manual and Automatic
- Media – Choose a media type; News, Video, Image
- Topic – Choose a topic from the list. (Too many to list here)
- Manual Button Placement – Use shortcode to manually place your buttons.
- Media Scan – Use multiple types of media.
Admin Screen Shots
Voice Your Opinion
Report bugs or request a new feature for diggZ-Et via our feedback forum.
* Fixed a bug causing API buttons to sometimes not display an inacurate amount or no diggs at all.
* Fixed the incorrect submission link bug for API Buttons.
1.4.0 – 6/13/09
* Added manual button placement with new shortcode. See FAQ
* API Fix: API CSS will now load properly (You should no longer see a stretched button)
* Updated the CSS for boxes to fix visual glitch
1.3.9 – 5/16/09
* Fixed an issue where certain text in a summary would break other button settings
* Fixed the blank topic issue for digg API buttons
1.3.8 – 5/5/09
* Fixed PHP4 compatibility issue – digg API should now work with PHP4.4+
1.3.7 – 4/26/09
* Renamed the “DGZ-api” folder to “api”
* No longer need to move the “api” folder
* Some other code cleanup
1.3.6 – 4/20/09
* Changed the way bottom positioning is handled.
1.3.5 – 4/19/09
* Fixed a bug causing an on screen error when calling a blank digged item
* Fixed link to story, was pointing to incorrect story
* Fixed promote text bug
1.3.4 – 4/17/09
* Cleaned up admin UI
* Fixed a CSS issue with custom digg badges
1.3.3 – 4/15/09
* Added Threshold option to Digg API settings
1.3.2 – 4/14/09
* Added Custom Buttons with API (Beta)
1.3.1 – 4/11/09
* Added Digg API (Beta Phase)
* New choice between using API and default JS buttons
* Added API settings
1.3.0 – 4/6/09
* Added JS for box minimization
* Major code cleanup
* Anyone upgrading will need to reset their settings due to the code changes (This is in preparation to add in the digg API in a future release).
1.2.3 – 2/22/09
* Fixed Header Bug
1.2.2 – 1/25/09
* Updated Admin for new WordPress 2.7 UI
* Removed “2008 US Elections” from topics
* Added “Olympics” to topics
1.2.1 – 11/16/08
* Fixed a bug that was causing incompatibility issues with our other button plugins
1.2.0 – 9/29/08
* Fixed a bug where auto summaries were not removing block code correctly.
* Fixed a bug where newline text in auto summary broke buttons.
1.1.9 – 9/26/08
* New Hide Option – Hide Buttons on Search Results Page
1.1.8 – 8/7/08
* Can now choose the max number of characters for auto summary; 150, 250, 350.
1.1.7 – 7/31/08
* Fixed IE6 bottom positioning issue.
1.1.6 – 7/29/08
1.1.5 – 7/22/08
* Added preview image for all 3 digg skins in admin.
* Fixed promote option so it only shows the promotion links on pages and posts.
* Fixed some CSS issues involving bottom button alignment.
1.1.4 – 7/19/08
* Fixed an issue where tags were not being removed correctly from Automatic Summaries. Thanks goes out to Christian Riesen for this fix.
* Fixed URL encoding issues with Automatic Summaries.
* Promotion link option added to admin (Thanks goes out to those that help support diggZ-Et).
* Cleaned up admin menu for organization and visual appeal
1.1.3 – 7/3/08
* Can now hide a Digg button on a single page or post. See F.A.Q. for more information.
1.1.2 – 6/19/08
* Button Positions Reworked – Display Digg Button at top left or right or bottom below text, left or right.
1.1.1 – 6/5/08
* New Media Scan See F.A.Q. for more information.
1.1.0 – 6/2/08
* New Button Position Option – Choose to display the button on the left or right of your text
* New Summary Option – Have a summary automatically sent to digg or choose to have the submitter create one
* New Hide Option – Hide Buttons on Pages
* New Hide Option – Hide Buttons on Tag Pages
* New Hide Option – Hide Buttons on all Archive Pages (This is all Category, Author and Date based pages)
1.0.2 – 5/30/08
* Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with shortcode becoming broken when used in a post.
1.0.1 – 5/29/08
* Cleaned up some code
1.0.0 – 2/24/08
* Initial Release